Work Permit


A student who is between 14-18 years of age and/or still a student and wishes to obtain employment, must complete the Student Work Permit Form below. A new permit must be completed for every new job. All four sections MUST be completed.  Work permits will be done at the Miami School throughout the year.

Instructions for each of the four parts of the work permit are as follows:

Application for Employment Certificate
The student must complete this section of the application and have the parent/guardian sign it.

Pledge of Employer Card
Have your employer fill out and sign. This form must include exact information relative to the hours and employment, the type of work you will perform, and their tax identification number (TIN).

Physician’s Certificate
Must be filled out by your doctor. Physician or sports physicals are good for one year.

School Record of Applicant
Should be taken to your school office and filled out by the office personnel. This card is good for one school year.

It is also recommended to review the State of Ohio Minor Labor Laws below.

Student Work Permit

State of Ohio Minor Labor Laws